January marks the beginning of a new series called Winter Webinars, where we’ve invited legends from across the world of skydiving to come and share their stories to inspire, educate and entertain you throughout the winter months.
Open to any fun jumpers – experienced or student, Langar locals or otherwise – these free webinars will last 20-40 minutes and also be recorded and shared afterwards.
Check out our Langar Zoogie from 2021 for a better idea of what to expect.
Winter Webinar Speakers
We’re very excited to be welcoming speakers from Langar, across the UK and across the world!
Catch up with the Winter Webinars so far…
- Niklas Hemlin – FS 4 and 8 Way World Champion, World Record Holder
- Hannah Parker – From UoN to the World! (UoN Alumni)
- Rich Wheatley – Normalisation of Deviance
- Andy Malchiodi – Mixed Formation Skydiving (MFS)
- Dieter Kirsch – Getting Onto FS Bigway Records
- Matt Cumming – Becoming a Skydiving Champion
- Karen Saunders – Proper Kit Care
- Alice Gomm – How to Be a Great FS Coach
Still to come…
- Ryan Garner – The Road to the Wingsuiting World Championships – 27th February
- Eliana Rodriguez – Female World Champion – 29th February
- Elise Sharp – Project 19 and The FF Bigway Journey – 5th March
- Tom Shorten – Working in Skydiving (UoN Alumni) – 14th March
- Ellie Marshall – Becoming a TI (UoN Alumni) – 21st March
- Trunk – Lessons Learned Filming Skydiving Events and Records – TBC
- Ewan Cowie – Global Skydiving Videography – TBC
- Brian Cumming – Learn Through Play – TBC
- Julie Kleinwort – Sisters in Skydiving – TBC
Our speakers range from FS world champions to FF world record holders to experts in TR to Team GB wingsuiters to Tom Cruise’s rigger, and everything in between! Each one has an abundance of experience and passion to share with you; you can be sure to learn loads and be inspired by every one of them.
Who is this for?
Everyone! If you’re a skydiver who is learning to skydive or an experienced jumper, this series is for you (tandem skydivers, we’d love to welcome you but we’ll be chatting nerdy skydiving stuff so it’s not aimed at you at this stage… but come and learn to jump with us and it could be!).
The webinars are free to attend and free to watch back. It’s just a gift from us to say thank you for a great 2023 and to help you get your skydiving fix even during the shorter winter days.
A huge thank you to all of our speakers, who are volunteering their time to share their skills and knowledge with us all. We appreciate you!
How to access
Look out for Zoom details for each event which will be shared on this page and on our Langar Skydivers community group.